The Responsible Innovation Label was awarded to the UEMF during its first edition 2020/2021, for the project "Sustainable UEMF Program".
The Responsible Innovation Label is intended for higher education and research establishments, private or public, members of the AUF. Its objective is twofold: to map and promote the responsible innovations of universities and to deploy the responsible innovation network to promote synergies between universities, civil society and the socio-economic sector working for the development of a responsible society. label meets several challenges:
- Identify responsible innovations generated by universities in order to promote and develop them;
- Strengthen the capacities and skills in SDGs/SSE of the Francophonie network;
- Organize support for French-speaking universities wishing to innovate responsibly;
- Train and support researchers, staff, students and teachers of French-speaking universities in responsible innovation and its social and environmental impact;
- Generate new partnerships and new resources around responsible innovation within the network of French-speaking universities
- Participate in the emerging ODD/ESS dynamic in the university world and develop it.
The advantages of the Label for higher education and research establishments :
- Be an active establishment;
- Attract more students, teachers and researchers;
- Mobilize new funders;
- Gain local and international visibility around the SDGs and the SSE;
- Build a strong brand image of meaning: “responsible” university “committed to sustainable development”;
- Access national and international, public and private funding;
Up skills :
- Developing the university: training and partnerships;
- Being in contact with responsible innovation actors locally and internationally;
- Access technical or financial support from the AUF for the actors involved;
- Access the network and tools of the ACTIF system;
- Positioning itself as a player in responsible innovation;
- Be an actor and operator in the sustainable development of societies;
- Be an actor and operator of responsible and sustainable innovation, SDGs and SSE.