The President of the University
The President of the University
Last name-First Name: Bousmina Mostapha
Phone: 212 538 909 000
Fax: 212 538 903 138
The term of office of the President of UEMF is four years, renewable by the Board of Directors. In the event of death, inability to perform his or her duties, or when the Orientation, Supervisory and Development Board (OSDB) decides to appoint a new President, this proposal must be submitted for approval to His Majesty the King, Honorary President of the Euromed University of Fez.
The President is chosen from among personalities recognized for their academic and scientific competence at the international level. He/she must present a project for the strategic development of the University in line with the missions assigned to him/her.
- manages the University and all of its components;
- chairs the meetings of the University Council (UC);
- represents the University in dealings with any administration, constituted bodies, national or foreign Universities and any third party;
- accepts donations and legacies;
- has all the powers necessary for the management of the University and its components.
- proposes to the (OSDB) projects for the development of the University;
- commits the expenses of the University in accordance with the budget adopted by the OSDB.
- keeps the accounts of the expenses incurred and validates the expenses and receipts of the University;
- proposes to the Chancellor the agendas for the GA and the OSDB (EB);
- executes the decisions made by the OSDB, or delegates the execution thereof;
- prepares the annual budgets and ensures their implementation after the OSDB has adopted them;
- recruits the teaching and research staff of the University as well as the administrative and technical staff;
- ensures the coordination of the activities of the different entities, faculties, institutes, departments, units, joint units, partnership entities and centres of the University;
- undertakes audits concerning the management of the University (financial management, administrative management and any other aspect related to the operating of the University);
- performs all conservatory acts and represents the University in court;
- ensures discipline within the University.
- Engineering diploma from European School of Chemistry, Polymers and Materials (ECPM, EAHP), France
- Postgraduate Degree (DEA) : University Louis-Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
- Ph.D. in Physics-Chemistry from University Louis-Pasteur, France in collaboration with University of Illinois-Chicago, USA
- Postdoc at Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal-Canada
- Physics of Polymers, Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
- President of the Euromed University of Fes
- Chancellor of the Hassan II Academy of Science and Technology, Morocco
Previous Responsibilities :
- President of NASAC: Network of African Science Academies, 28 Academies across the African continent
- Senior Canada Research Chair on Polymer Physics and Nanomaterials at Laval University, Canada
- Full Professor at Laval University before that he was assistant professor and then associate professor (1994-2008). He resigned in 2008 from his life time position to go back to his home country
- Director of Polymer Engineering at Laval University, Canada
- Director of Polymer Physics and Nanoscience Lab.
- Director of Graduate Studies, Laval University, Canada
- Co-Founder and Director General of MASciR (Moroccan Advanced Science, Innovation and Research Foundation). (2008-2011).
- Founder & Director General of INANOTECH (Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology) (2008-2011) President of Quebec Society of Polymers
- Director of SPE (Society of Plastic Engineers): Quebec-Canada section (2002-2007)
- Vice-President of the Canadian Society of Rheology (2000-2008)
- Member of the Canada Team for Aerospace (which selects the experiments to be done in space in collaboration with the European Space Agency and with NASA: 2006-2008)
- Chair of the Canadian NSERC National evaluation committee for Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering section (2005-2008)
- Chair of the Canadian steering committee for the evaluation of the Arbora-Nano Research Center of Excellence (2008)
- Member of the Advisory Board of I3N Network of Portugal (2009-2014)
- Editor-in-Chief of Nanotechnology and Nanoscience (2010-2014) Edited by Bioinfo publisher
- President of the International Morand Lambla Award Committee of the International Polymer Processing Society (2007-2015)
- President of the International James. L. White Award Committee of the International Polymer Processing Society (2007-2015)
- International representative for the Polymer Processing Society (2006-2015)
- Official examiner of l'Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec, Canada (IOQ) (1996-2008)
- Official consultant for the Canadian government for the evaluation of research in industry (2004-2008)
- Consultant for Total, Inc (2004-2008); Consultant for IPL (2001-2006); Consultant for Bouch. Mac, Inc (2001-2007); Consultant for (Canadian Plastics Industry Association: CPIA: 1999-2006).
- Co-Editor of the Journal of Polymer Engineering (Edited by Walter de Gruyter GmbH. KG, New-York.
- Associate Editor for the J. of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Ed. by American Sci. Publ. New-York.
- Regional Editor of Recent Patents in Nanotechnology (Bentham Science Publisher).
Member of :
- WAAS (World Academy of Art and Science)
- TWAS (The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World)
- AAS (African Academy of Sciences)
- Editorial Board of J. of Polymer Processing, Edited by Hanser, New York.
- Board of Trustees of PSL University (Paris Sciences et Lettres)
- Editorial Board of Discovery and Innovation journal: Edited by African Academy of Sciences and TWAS
Track record in terms of publications and scientific dissemination:
- 215 indexed publications in International peer reviewed Journals
- 7 International Patents: One patent has been translated into business
- H-index of 45 in Web of Science, and 55 in Google Scholar (March 2020)
- Number of Citations: more than 7600 in Web of Science & 11500 in Google Scholar (March 2020)
- 317 talks in international conferences (excluding home country)
- 63 Plenary and Keynote lectures in International Congresses (excluding home country)
- 67 invited Conferences in Universities at international level (excluding home country)
- 32 Lectures in Industry (excluding home country)
- The Grand Prize on Innovation in Scientific Research, Ministry of Higher Education, Morocco, 2009
- The prestigious STEACIE fellowship, which is considered as one of the highest distinctions in Canada from the NSERC (Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada), in 2004
- Canada’s Top Twenty Researchers Prize from CIAR (Canada Institute for Advanced Science) in 2002: The best twenty researchers of Canada under the age of 45
- International Morand Lambla Award from Polymer Processing Society, in 2000. The best researcher at international level in the field of Polymers, Polymer Physics, Polymer Chemistry and Polymer Processing
- Award of Innovative research from the Ministry of Industry of Canada, 1999
- Louis-Pasteur Award, France, in 1994.