The Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2023 for universities worldwide have just been released. At national level, the Euromed University of Fez occupies 2nd place on the podium.
THE Impact Rankings is a global ranking, one of the most influential in the world along with Shanghai and QS. It is based on a multi-dimensional analysis of higher education institutions in relation to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This year's edition involved 1,591 universities from 112 countries. 11 Moroccan universities appear in the international ranking and their national ranking is as follows:
1. Rabat International University
2. Euromed University of Fez
3. Ibn Tofail University, Kénitra
4. Mohammed V University, Rabat
5. Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah University
6. Hassan II University, Casablanca
7. Abdelmalek Essaâdi University of Tétouan-Tanger
8. Al Akhawayn University of Ifrane
9. Chouaib Doukkali University, El Jadida
10. Hassan Premier University, Settat
11. Moulay Slimane University, Béni Mellal
In this ranking, the Euromed University of Fez is on the podium in 10 of the 17 MDGs, in particular MDG 4: "Quality education", for which it is among the world's Top 200. In addition, it is ranked 1st nationally in 4 ODDs. As a reminder, the University was ranked 1st nationally in the U-Multirank 2022 ranking.
At African level, Egypt has 37 universities in this ranking, followed by Morocco, Nigeria and Algeria (11), South Africa (8), Tunisia (7), Ghana (6) and Sudan (2), while Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe each have 1 university.